Monday, June 24, 2013

Cupcakes and...Beer??

Happy Monday Everyone! 

I hope everyone had a great weekend :) It was my mom's birthday so I was a cooking and baking machine! 

I stumbled across this Chocolate Stout Cupcake recipe and was immediately intrigued! I know alcohol can definitely be used in chicken and other meats, but in a cupcake?! Who knew! 

My mom told me of a really good stout from Trader Joe's called Boatswain Chocolate Stout and it was absolutely perfect! So if you are making these cupcakes, PLEASE buy this stout! 

BTW, you definitely do not need to add stout to the cupcakes, but I thought it added a little kick! 
 

From Left To right:
Unsalted Butter, Baking Soda, Salt, Vanilla Extract, Cocoa, Cream Cheese, Flour,
Sour Cream, Sugar, Heavy Cream, Confectioners Sugar


 I took this recipe directly from Food Network and I think they turned out great! 
 (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/dave-lieberman/chocolate-stout-cupcakes-recipe/index.html)

It took everything in me to not taste this batter! It smelled Uh-Mazing! 

Into the oven they go! 

In order to ice the cupcakes as neatly as possible, 
I put the icing in a ziplock back and cut a small hole in the bottom corner. 

Ta-da!! 

This cupcake was inhaled RIGHT after this picture was taken lol 







Thanks for stopping by :) 








1 comment:

  1. They look like they taste amazing, and your presentation is on point!

    ReplyDelete