Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Polka Pastels

I have a thing for nail polishes...okay an obsession with nail polishes. Figuring out what color to polish my nails with can be challenging so I usually just end up using multiple colors! Problem solved :)

I'm loving pastels right now, especially on nails so when I saw this look on tumblr I knew I had to replicate it!



Here are the colors that I chose
From Left to Right:
 China Glaze-For Audrey| OPI-Do You Lilac It| Sally Hansen- Mint Sorbet| 
OPI-Japanese Rose Garden| Wet n Wild- Club Havana 

Want to recreate the look too?

To start of, I made sure that my nails were nicely cleaned and filed. 

I then applied OPI Start to Finish Base and Top Coat. 
Isn't that such a cool idea to have both base and top coat in one bottle?

Then I applied two bases of each color on my nails. I like to take the brush, add a drop of nail polish to the middle of my nail and work my way out to the outer parts of the nail.

After letting it dry, I took a toothpick and dipped it in my white nail polish and carefully made little polka dots across my nail! I'm sure you can just use a nail pen for that for an easier application :)




Spoiled by Wet n Wild- Correction Tape

...and Voila! 


 I'll definitely be doing more nail tutorials throughout summer! I have a bunch of fruit-inspired nail designs that I would love to show ya'll!

Have a great evening :)


2 comments: