Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Yummy Stuffed Bell Peppers

I made this for dinner last night and it was a hit! It's a super simple recipe and you can definitely change up what you decide to stuff in your peppers.

I usually stuff it with ground turkey and quinoa, but this time around a replaced the quinoa with white rice. I'm sure it would be great with ground beef or chicken along with any other grain.

Ingredients: mozzarella cheese, onion, bell peppers, tomatoes, tomato paste, ground turkey, white rice

Seasonings: sea salt, red chili pepper, black pepper, garlic powder, 21 seasoning saulte

My favorite seasonings...for basically EVERYTHING! 
That image with the lighthouse behind the black pepper is Trader Joe's Sea Salt.


Steps

After cooking your ground meat along with your chopped onion and tomato, add about two cups of cooked rice to the meat mixture. Then add the tomato paste, and about 1/2 cup of cheese and mix thoroughly.

For the bell peppers, I like to parboil them for about 4-5 minutes to get them soft before stuffing them.

Once done, I simply stuff my meat, rice, and cheese mixture into the pepper and top it off with more cheese :) 

Pop them into the oven to bake for about 20 minutes and they are good to go! 





Hope you enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. I've actually never had a stuffed pepper, but this looks Great! I want to try this recipe but I don't eat meat, what subsititute for chicken or beef would you suggest?

    ReplyDelete